|Coober Pedy Opal Rush
An outback adventure to a town with real “wild west” flair.
5 days/4 nights
• Try “noodling” & keep the opals you find
• Visit the famous Crocodile Harry
• Play a “unique” round of golf
• Discover the Breakaways & the Moon Plains
• Experience camp-fire cooking
• See the amazing Painted-Desert
• Meet some real outback characters
• Take a mining tour in a working mine
• Sleep underground
• Small groups in a comfortable 4WD
• Enjoy delightful meals
• Have a drink in remote outback pubs
Day 1 After an early morning pick up in Adelaide we travel north to the Clare Valley where we stop for a quick wine tasting in one of the many vineyards famous for its Rieslings. A beautiful drive alongside the stunning Southern Flinders Ranges takes us to our first overnight camp where you will enjoy camp-oven cooking.
Day 2 Today we experience the real Outback of South Australia driving on the famous Birdsville track to Marree. After lunch and a cold beer we find ourselves on the Oodnadatta track passing Lake Eyre the biggest salt lake in Australia. Tonight we stop in the hot spring country where we camp under a million stars and have a yarn at the campfire.
Day 3 and 4 After a short drive we reach our destination Coober Pedy where we will stay in an underground accommodation called “dug out” for 2 nights. Our agenda is packed with excitement such as digging or “noodling” for Opals, visiting the famous Crocodile Harry, watching a breathtaking sunset over the Breakaways, following the dog fence, meeting some real Town Characters in the local clubs, visiting a working mine, admiring the rugged Moon Plains just to name a few. With its rough charm this town will be in your memory forever.
Day 5 Early in the morning we follow the Stuart Highway where we will have various stops along the way till we reach Adelaide late that evening.
Included in Price:
• 2 nights underground accommodation
• 2 nights bush camping (depending on weather conditions)
• All meals and non alcoholic beverages
• All Guides and Entrance fees
PRICE UPON REQUEST